Congressman Don Young is co-chair of the Congressional Veterans Fellowship Caucus, which seeks to increase the number of Veterans working on Capitol Hill by providing them with the resources and skills necessary to bridge the gap between military service and legislative work.
While working in member offices, Fellowship participants will attend weekly classes on the legislative process, constituent relations and correspondence, and specific issues, including the budget and appropriations process. Fellows will work closely with Member office staff on projects and to develop and advance legislation.
General responsibilities include:
- Responding to constituent requests and drafting correspondence
- Attending and preparing for Congressional hearings
- Assisting with legislative research and drafting legislation
- Performing administrative tasks
- Prior Military Service with an honorable discharge
- Bachelors Degree with 3.0 GPA
To apply, please download, complete and e-mail a completed application including writing sample, your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your DD-214 to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is April 18, 2014.
The summer Fellowship will run from May 26 – August 15, 2014. Please note that all Fellowships are unpaid.
If you would like more information on the Veterans Fellowship program —please contact my office.